Monday, October 13, 2008

It Ain't Fittin'

For my thesis bibliography I have to cite my sources using the Chicago style, which means that the title of the book is not capitalized or underlined, just italicized! This is an example of how my reference looks:

Robison, Elwin C. The first Mormon temple: design, construction, and historic context of the Kirtland temple. Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University Press, 1997.

Sorry, but this just goes against all the English classes I've ever had. It doesn't feel like a title to me if the words aren't capitalized. Does this rub anyone else the wrong way?

Secondly, I just want to say that at this point I really don't care what grade I get, I just want to be done with this whole thesis! I'm having heart palpitations.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I perfer APA style. I always loose points on the works cited pages of all my papers, esp the ones where I have to cite online sources! Good luck.