Sunday, November 22, 2009

Week Two

My BOM reading is going strong. This is the best goal I've ever had. This week the whole Manhattan stake set aside one Sunday, today, when everyone was supposed to invite a friend to church. I mean, we're always supposed to invite friends, but it was a real goal this time. Then, every ward just held sacrament meeting, no other classes, and had a big linger-longer afterward. None of the friends that I invited came, and my shoes fell apart on the way to church, but other than that it was a wonderful meeting. The speakers were fantastic, and there were so many visitors that they had to open the second overflow. It called to mind a verse I read this week in the Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 26:23-28.

For behold, my beloved brethren, I say unto you that the Lord God worketh not in darkness.
He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw call men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation.
Behold, doth he cry unto any, saying: Depart from me? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; but he saith: Come unto me all ye ends of the earth, buy milk and honey, without money and without price.
Behold, hath he commanded any that they should depart out of the synagogues, or out of the houses of worship? Behold, I say unto you, Nay.
Hath he commanded any that they should not partake of his salvation? Behold I say unto you, Nay; but he hath given it free for all men; and he hath commanded his people that they should persuade all men to repentance.
Behold, hath the Lord commanded any that they should not partake of his goodness? Behold I say unto you, Nay; but all men are privileged the one like unto the other, and none are forbidden.

No comments: