Monday, November 16, 2009

Shackin' Up

I just couldn't end my day without declaring to the world that Shake Shack is a most delightful place to eat with extraordinarily delicious food. Plus its just a fun place to hang out and eat while either 1. being all hip and cool hanging out in Madison Square Garden or 2. sitting in a little basement watching people build rice krispie Las Vegas on the food network. This was my first time eating at the upper west side location, and all the tables upstairs were full and the out-of-doors was cold, so we ate downstairs and got sucked into the TV. Because when you don't have a TV at home, being around a giant screen can become dangerous. Anyway, it was the perfect end to an exhausting day. This morning I woke up with a painful crick in my back, and then the subway was stalled for 20 minutes while they investigated smoke on the tracks, so I was late to work. But it was the day that the French artists were coming to set up their trunk show, so there were a billion things to do and somehow I became the person in charge of transforming the chaos into order, so I had to be on my A-game. That was difficult to do with sharp pains shooting down my back every time I turned my head to the right, so I took lots of ibuprofen and drank prolly a gallon of diet coke. Meanwhile, my computer monitor decided to fritz, the scanner stopped working at a crucial moment, and everyone who called on the telephone wanted money. When I got the text from Jessica that a Shake Shack excursion was being planned, I could not have been more happy, because what I really needed to cure my jitters and soothe my soul was a Shack-ago Dog and a Pumpkin Spice Custard. In other words, balm of Gilead. Plus it was fun to hang out with friends, laugh a lot, and ride in a car (so highbrow!). Before the night was through, I had eaten a delicious meal, all but forgotten my creaky back, and won three out of three games of "Around the World in 10 Days" or whatever that game is called. It was enough to redeem even the sorriest of Mondays.

No comments: