Thursday, June 4, 2009

Transition Time Again

It's been a really tough week for some reason! I've really been struggling at work, and the days have just dragged by. Finally, after what seems like four years instead of four days, tomorrow is Friday. But I still have to plug through it before getting to the weekend. Luckily, I have a very eventful weekend to look forward to. I've got a cheese celebration, a cookout to celebrate India, two birthday parties, a concert... and next week my family will be in town. So there are blue skies ahead, the weatherman tells me, but first the rain clouds have to run their course.

Part of the stress, I think, is from the idea of moving again. I'm staying in New York, but my lease is up, and my roommates are dispersing. I'd love to stay put, but haven't had much luck finding LDS roommates. So I've been hunting on Craigslist, looking for a new place. Once I find it, I'll be fine. It's just the not knowing when or where it will all happen that gives me heart palpitations. I have found myself sitting at my desk at work forgetting to breathe, or staring off into space, my mind on rents, budgets, timing, credit checks... Moving in New York city is just a huge hassle. I've got a few good leads though, so I'm sure I'll find someplace.

Anyway, I can't believe it's been a year since my ceiling crashed down and I had to move into my current place. Time does fly. I've almost lived in New York for two whole years. And I'm digging in for a third.

No comments: