Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! I have much to thank my dad for. For example, one time when I was very small my family took a trip to Crater Lake in Oregon. We stopped to look at the lake where a low stone wall separated us from a sheer drop-off with the lake hundreds of feet below. Somehow (I don't remember any of this) I thought it would be a good idea to get up on the wall and run along it. When my mother saw me, she almost had a heart attack, but before I could trip and plunge to my death in the lake, my dad came up from behind and caught me. My whole life I have not felt much fear because I know that my dad is always behind me, ready to offer support and help--whether it be helping me with my math homework, fixing my car, or giving me advice on life's conundrums. Thanks, daddy! I love you.

1 comment:

Dad said...

It's easy to be a good dad when you child has intelligence and integrity. I love you.