Thursday, April 16, 2009

Wait a Second

Yikes! I can't believe its almost Friday and I haven't written on my blog since Monday. Where did the week go? I guess its good that it's going by so fast. Right now I feel like I just want everything to hurry up and go by. I want the weather to hurry up and get warm. I want to hurry up and find a new job. I want to fast-forward to the point in my life when everything is working out really well. It would be nice to be in love, to have a job that I'm excited about, to be accomplishing something. Right now I just feel like I'm drifting. Floating along, keeping my head above the water, but not relaxing or enjoying the ride. Nevertheless, I am not depressed. I feel very hopeful that if I do my best, things will become wonderful eventually. I just want it to hurry up and happen!

So, that's what's up with me. I guess I haven't blogged because its been a busy week and every day when I get home from work I just want to lay around and vegetate. Last night was the worst. I went to bed at ten o'clock! But I decided that I'm going to start cutting back on sugar and start exercising more (I know, I know--I keep saying that, don't I?) so hopefully that will help with the energy levels.

Meanwhile, the highlights of my week:

~Picking out watch fobs and cufflinks for a certain movie star pirate to wear in a photo-shoot with VF. They borrow stuff from my jewelry store all the time for stories, but I'm not usually involved in the process. However, this week I got to fill in for a coworker, and had fun doing it! Too bad Johnny didn't come and pick them out himself, but I then I probably would have died. (Look in the August or September issue to see if he wears anything I picked out...)
~Getting a cell phone call while at work from my frantic little sister. I thought at first she was in some kind of horrible trouble, but it turned out that she just needed help filling out a money order so she could get her taxes mailed off on the afternoon of the 15th.
~Finishing my own taxes, finally.
~A delicious steak dinner at Ricardo's, courtesy of Dali, as a thanks for helping her get a huge project done at work.
~Pointing out a mistake that my boss made. I know, I'm evil!
~The funniest episode of The Office in a really long time.
~Discovering Elvis Perkins in Dearland. Listen to the song "Shampoo." Sooooo good.

Hmm... I feel like there should be more but, like I said, it's been a really fast week!

3 comments:

casey mcguire said...

when was the photo shoot?

tkangaroo said...

Now I am going to have to purchase that copy of Vanity Fair. . . And I'm poor! Just kidding. . . Kind of.

Jenn said...

This week was really quick for me too~