Sunday, June 15, 2008

This and That

So here is a picture of the giant Hello Kitty sculpture I was talking about yesterday, in case you were curious. There are a few others around it, but I like this one the best.

Today I just feel like writing some random thoughts. I wanted to share that I may have a new side-career as a baker. A woman that I work with paid me $20 to make a pie for her husband for Father's Day! So as I was delivering it to her yesterday I was thinking how I should devise a pie-carrying bag with my number on the side so that when I'm carrying pies around New York, other people can order pies from me too. Sometimes I think it would be so fun to be a baker and make the pies all day. Maybe if this whole art-world career doesn't work out then that's what I can do next. However, I don't think I'll be baking a lot this summer--it's too hot in my little kitchen!

Anyway, moving on... Today I was thinking of my favorite hymns, so I thought I'd share a list of them. Have you ever thought about your favorite hymns? Mine top ten are (in the order they appear in the hymnbook):
Redeemer of Israel
All Creatures of Our God and King
Praise to the Lord, the Almighty
For All the Saints
How Firm A Foundation
For the Beauty of the Earch
Lead Kindly Light
Nearer, My God, to Thee
Our Savior's Love
Be Still My Soul
Ring Out, Wild Bells (but I like this with a piano accompaniment much better than with organ)
A close runner-up is God Be With You, but I feel like its not a regular hymn--more for funerals and such. And I also really like a couple of lesser-sung songs such as Adam-ondi-Ahman and Israel, Israel, God is Calling.

Hmmm. I thought I had more things to say, but I don't remember them now. I think the heat makes my mind slower. Oh yeah. This upcoming week will usher in some fresh changes into my life: I think I'm going to join a gym (!!!) and I think I'm going to sign up for Netflix. So I'm planning on simultaneously being more lazy and more active at the same time. We'll see how that works!

No comments: