Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Something Fishy

No quote from Melville today, as I didn't get much time to read. I usually read on the Subway to and from class and work, but the trains were so packed today, I couldn't move! Maybe because it was a rainy day, I don't know, but I had never seen it this bad. I kept thinking that at the next stop people would get off and make room, but no. It's times like this when I feel like big cities are actually more backward than small ones. No one should have to be packed so tightly into a small and smelly metal box that wobbles and shakes as it speeds through a pitch-black underground tunnel that they cannot even move or turn around to see who is touching them in a most uncomfortable way. Sigh... that's New York for you. You gotta take the bad with the good.

No comments: