Monday, December 3, 2007

Random Thoughts

I couldn't think of anything to blog about tonight, but my sister said I have to at least write something. So, sorry if this is boring, but here are some random thoughts that I've had today:

1. It might be kind of nice if we went back to the Jane Austen way of calling our acquaintances by their last names. In Pride & Prejudice, it's all Mr. Darcy this and Mr. Bingley that--we never even learn their first names, but there's something sort of mysterious and sexy about that. So my sister and I are going to start referring to the guys we meet by their last names: "Sister, I spoke with Mr. Andros at church today, and he inquired after you..." "How kind! I saw Mr. Taylor at the 125th street station and he invited us to his party this weekend..." I think it will be more sophisticated than our current habit of assigning descriptive nicknames to people, like Nick the Dentist (aka Joseph Smith) and Young Rod Stewart. And more interesting than calling every guy Ben (because there are so many here, if you say Ben, you're right half the time.)

2. The snow is all melted away, but the strangest thing happened today. As I was walking around downtown, I kept seeing fluffy white things floating down from the sky. They weren't snowflakes, because I caught one--it was a seed, like a dandelion seed, fluffy and white. But there were thousands of them. Where were they coming from???

3. I really need a personal assistant, because I forget to do things that I really want to do. I wanted to go to the public library today, and when I remembered, I was already on the express train home. Will I remember to go to the post office tomorrow? Only time will tell.

Okay, that's all the random babbling I'm doing tonight. Time for sleep...

1 comment:

B. Allred said...

So, how do you differentiate the Bens? Am I called, "Mr. Allred?" Whenever I hear that, i think of my 12th grade government teacher, because he referred to us that way. Only, he didn't say it with the british accent, he said it as Agent Smith in the Matrix said it.