Friday, December 28, 2007

The Aftermath

So I have a part time job cleaning an apartment on Park Avenue. It's actually a great gig, because the hours are flexible and the work is not hard, and its a nice place. I'm going to go clean it tomorrow, and one of the things I'm going to do when I'm there is pull out the scale and weigh myself, because all I've eaten for about a week is cookies, candy, fudge, and mashed potatoes with gravy, and I'm curious to see if its finally counterbalanced the positive effects of walking all over New York.

Christmas is past and gone, for another year! I had a delightful holiday with my family in town. They've just left this morning, and should be arriving home any minute now. We had a wonderful time together, even though I had to work (at my other job, not the housecleaning one). They just wanted to go shopping all day every day, so I let them do that and other touristy things, and then in the evenings we would come back home and eat and play games and watch movies. We played several rounds of Settlers of Catan every night, and now we're all addicted. Christmas Day was the one sunny day in New York out of a week of rain, and that day we never even went outside! We're pathetic, I know.

It was so fun to have my family here! I love them. And it might be a long time before I see my brother again, so it was especially good to see him. I think he and his wife had a good time seeing the city together, except for getting lost in the Bronx at midnight their first night here! But they made it out alive.

My mom and my little sister bought everything they could see--I'm surprised there is anything left in Chinatown! They also visited H&M at least three times. And they took pictures of everything. I didn't inherit that gene--I never take pictures of anything. I guess I should start, so I have something to post on my blog. Well, maybe lil sis will send me some of her pictures.

2 comments:

ian said...

holly- i am glad you had a nice holiday with your family. we just got your card. it took a while because it had to forwarded to our new address. we moved if you didnt know. our new address is 140 sw 138th st. beaverton or 97006. i cant remember the phone number but i will have hillary give it to you soon. i really like your blog. oh, you should write me at ian.hampton@gmail.com. bye, ian

Donnie Barnes said...

Man, I hope you didn't move to The Big Apple(tm) just so you could clean a different house!

Seriously, we miss you around here, but now that Alisa pointed me to your blog I feel like I can stay connected a bit. Sounds like things are going great for you...I'm so happy! Hopefully when it warms up Ashley and Alisa and I can come on a shopping trip and visit.