Sunday, May 16, 2010

These Days

These days are full of good things. I'm so enjoying this time before marriage of preparation, learning, spending time with my family and with C. The weather is hot sometimes and I swim in the pool, and when it rains I sit on the front porch swing with my sisters and squeal at the lightning. After work C will pick me up and we'll go out, or I'll drive over to his house and we'll roast hot dogs and marshmallows in the backyard. The other day I was there and heard the jingle of an ice cream truck in the distance. Running to the curb, I willed the truck to come to me, and a few seconds later it rounded the corner and saw me waving. There's nothing like an ice cream sandwich on a 92 degree day, handed to you fresh from the freezer in the back of an old ice cream truck. C just laughed and watched me enjoying my childish treat. We never seem to run out of things to talk and laugh about, and if it's even possible, I think I'm falling more in love each day.

But times aren't all good. C is worried about his job, I need a job, and all the time I've spent outside in this Southern jungle have resulted in 19 mosquito bites that each itch like the dickens. Bugs just love me. Sigh... and there are other things on my mind too that have me worried, but I'm working hard to make things better, and it's hard to stay down when there are so many wonderful things happening around me.

My wedding invitations are sent, the dress project is progressing wonderfully, I bought a wedding veil, the ceremony and reception plans are coming along smoothly, and I'm absolutely surrounded by love. The world is beautiful, and I love life.

I guess I was going to write about today, but I don't even know what to say. Just that I love my man and how he comes to pick me up and take me to church. We walk into church hand in hand, we sing hymns together, go to Sunday School together, then separate, then come back together, look in each others eyes and get lost, and then we get congratulated by somebody, and then the Bishop sits us down and gives us sage advice, tells us that communication is the key to a good marriage, and we look at each other and realize that the thing we do best with each other is communicate, and we smile. We're going to have a great marriage! And then we drive home and have lunch and then we drive around the beautiful countryside and then sit and talk and laugh and drive some more, the car getting slower and slower the closer we get to my house. When we reluctantly say goodbye we kiss and smile, and then when he's about halfway down the driveway I can't wait to see C again. It sounds silly, and I can't even describe it, but it's just wonderful. That's my idea of a gorgeous day, and a sweet life.

2 comments:

junebug said...

What a lovely day, lovely life to look forward to. I'm so happy for you. And peonies at a June wedding? Good magic trick!

Just Julie said...

I just got your wedding announcement yesterday and it's BEAUTIFUL!! I love it! I'm so happy for you and all the love surrounding you.

p.s. My mom's name is also, Pamela...Anderson. We like to laugh about it. :)