Monday, May 17, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Strange how hard it rains now. Rows and rows of endless clouds, but I'm holding on underneath this shroud, praying. That Patty Griffin song is in my head, it's been raining so hard all day long. So much rain, the pool is full to the very top and is overflowing. The garden won't need to be watered for a week or more, and maybe my mom's spindly plants will finally start to grow. It's the kind of dark rainy day that makes you not want to do anything at all except curl up with a bowl of popcorn and a book. I feel like watching To Kill A Mockingbird or The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. My mom has been baking bread and cookies all day and complaining about how fast the world has been turning on its axle (smile!), and my dad stayed home from work to work on the basement electrical wires. He's putting in a home theater down there. Too bad its not done already, cause it would be a nice place to escape from this dark wet dismal day. Sigh...

1 comment:

tkangaroo said...

I agree--I want to curl up with my book right now! And the Ghost and Mrs. Muir is the perfect movie for this weather. I love it and all its stormy melancholy. Gorgeous!