Thursday, February 11, 2010

I Made It Here Alive!

After a long and tiring day of adventure, I am sitting in the "business center" of my West Palm Beach hotel room, writing to tell you all that I was successful in escaping the piles of New York snow, and snowbirding to sunny Florida, where the palm trees are swaying in salty warm air. No vacation for me though--it's going to be a lot of work. I'm here on business, and the woman who was supposed to join me fell on the icy NY streets and broke her wrist yesterday! So, I'm happy to have the hotel room to myself, but unsure how crazy the show is going to be with so little help. (It's just me, my boss, and his wife...) Oh well--how bad could it be? And I am invited to a spectacular cocktail party on Saturday night at a glamorous penthouse. And this hotel has a (heated, I think) pool, so that is a big plus. The downside? No wi-fi! I'm paying for these minutes and hating every moment of it. Come on! This is the 21st century!!! The internet should be free. Okay, I'm climbing down from the soapbox now, slowly, because I'm exhausted, and heading up to my room to get into my luxurious queen sized bed and watch cable TV until I fall asleep. Tomorrow will be another long, full day.

No comments: