Friday, October 2, 2009

The Laziest Weekend Ever

To continue with the theme of self-indulgence, let me just go ahead and plan out my weekend...

Friday Night: celebrate the end of the workweek by coming home, cooking some comfort food, getting in bed and watching a movie. Check, check, check, and check. Then, stay up as late as I possibly can, doing whatever I feel like doing.

Saturday: Sleep in and then go to the Harlem Knitting Circle meetup group and work on a crochet project. Later, go to Marshall's and shop for winter shoes. Spend the afternoon working on projects (crochet, quilting, and painting), cleaning up the house, listening to General Conference (church on the internet--it's the greatest thing!) maybe grocery shopping, and then later go running. When it gets dark, curl up with a book, a cup of hot chocolate and a blanket. Maybe go hang out with the boys next door and watch a western (I've been craving a western--is that strange?)

Sunday: Sleep in as long as possible. Make pancakes, eggs, and bacon for breakfast, and then see how long I can stay in my pajamas before going outside to enjoy the beautiful fall weather that I just know will be in full force. Take pictures of my neighborhood to share with friends who still haven't seen it. More General Conference. Do my nails. Work some more on projects while catching up on podcast-listening. Go to a dinner party at a friend's house. Mad Men.

Hmm... It doesn't sound like much when I write it all down, but it's going to be divine! And maybe not so much lazy as luxurious.

No comments: