Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What's (Not) Going On

I need to blog more! But I have excuses.

Excuse #1: I feel sick. I can't tell if I have allergies or a cold. All I know is that my throat is all scratchy and I feel achy and cranky and the only thing that makes me feel better is salt-and-vinegar potato chips.

Excuse #2: Work is driving me crazy. So crazy that I don't even want to talk about it. But if I can just get through the next couple of days, everything should be smooth sailing next week.

Excuse #3: Mad Men has taken over my life. Ever since someone (Peter? Jessica?) hooked me on the current season, I've had to watch the past 2 seasons to catch up on all the madness. This is such an interesting show! So well done, and so addictive. It's always leaving me wanting more. So I've been Netflixing the past 2 seasons and watching them with Peter and Josh. Maybe tonight we will watch some!

Excuse #4: There is just no time for anything anymore. By the time I get home and go running and get something to eat and then go do a chore like my laundry which I have to pack into a cart and wheel a block up the street and wait for someone to empty out the only available washer and then wait some more for the dryer to finish and then give up and just stuff my damp clothes back into the cart and wheel them home and spread them out all over my room before crashing on my bed with the boredom of it all, it's time for bed. But I still want to read, crochet, facebook, email, and talk on the phone! And blog.

Hmm... Well, I guess those are all the excuses I can think of right now. Not that there is really anything interesting to blog about. I'm just laying around all the time because I feel sick. On Sunday I almost saw a street gang fight. But that's about it. Nothing to write home about.

1 comment:

mother said...

Yes, good old grandmother's advice works best. Keep eating the vinegar and salt chips. Swallow a tablespoon of honey each day, and drink some chamomile or ginger tea.
Take vitamin c every day and eat lots of garlic. Take deep breaths of fresh air (I mean really deep breaths)and drink lots of water and juice. You will feel better soon. Lots of love.