Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Salsa

On Saturday night I went out to Iguana with Dali and some of her other friends for her birthday. We had a delicious Mexican dinner and then went upstairs for salsa dancing. I had just intended to watch, because I really have no clue how to salsa dance! But these Latino guys kept pulling me onto the dance floor, ignoring my protests, and insisting that they would teach me. So I gave it a try and ended up having such a wonderful time that I'm thinking of taking classes. I stepped on a few toes, but those guys were such pros that they were basically able to move my body around in the way that it was supposed to go, spinning and twirling me until I felt like I really was a salsa dancer. And in between dancing, I had so much fun watching the real dancers, making it look so easy, and so beautiful. It's been on my mind ever since. There is just something so infectiously fun about Latin music and dancing! I've got to go back for more.

No comments: