Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Update

Well, my new position at work is going well so far, but it's going to be kind of crazy until I know what I'm doing. The bad thing is that even though I am being paid a little bit more, I am now doing essentially the work of two people, but not being paid two salaries! And there is only one of me, so I am stretched thin. It's going to involve a lot of running up and down between my old desk and new desk until I get everything more efficiently streamlined. I figure as long as I don't lose anything (including my mind), and just keep up with each day's tasks, I'll be fine. It's day 2 and so far so good.

Some girls from work and I went out after work yesterday for drinks--they like to go to a 2 for 1 martini place. I'm not a drinker, but it was fun to hang out with them and de-stress a bit. As Dali got more and more uninhibited, she imparted words of womanly wisdom to us, which was both hilarious and thought provoking. She said she can't wait until I get married because she's going to throw me a wild bachelorette party. We'll see about that... Then later she blurted out that she wants to come to church with me one day! It took me by surprise, but I am happy to take her. I think she might really like my church, although she says she's not going to join. She just wants to check it out and see what my prospects are! Dali tends to be psychic, and she predicted that I was going to find someone soon, so maybe when she comes to church with me, she can look around and feel psychic vibes coming from whatever man it is I'm supposed to be with.

Anyway, I'm just rambling on, on my lunch break at work, eating downstairs at my old desk because I miss it already, and its too rainy to go outside and walk around. Upstairs is cool and happening, but downstairs is comfortable and peaceful. And I have been too exhausted the past few days to blog when I get home. But I'll get better. Spring weather would help... where is the sun?!

No comments: