Monday, March 9, 2009

Topsy Turvy

I'm not sure what is going on in my world! I went to work today and found out that some more people got laid off. Then I found out that I've been offered a promotion! I don't know what to make of it. It's good news, but it will mean leaving the pleasantly anonymous little cave that I've been working in for the past year, going upstairs, and dealing with things that so far just seem confusing. But I can probably do it, once I figure it all out. Ugh. I feel like a daffodil sprout who, after hibernating under frozen ground for a long winter, must push its tender green shoots miraculously through shards of ice towards the sun, all the while praying not to be buried under a late snowstorm or eaten by a hungry deer.

4 comments:

Donnie Barnes said...

Interesting. Is your promotion offer for a job that didn't exist before, one that someone was laid off out of, or one that someone coincidentally left about the same time as lay-offs?

tkangaroo said...

I don't think you'll get buried or eaten. You'll do great!

Jenn said...

I hope u give the deer indigestion

Anonymous said...

Sorry Holiday, but deer do not eat daffodils remember. I am happy about your promotion. Learn everything you can and it will bless you in future ventures.