Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Time

This is a picture of the Greater Metropolitan Baptist Church in Harlem. I hate that some of these churches are so huge that I can't capture the whole thing in one shot. However, I was able to get all of the best elements of this one, at least: the gorgeous bright red doors (click to enlarge--look at the gorgeous carving!), the cross-shaped sign sticking out from the side, some of the lovely spires, and the set of three small asymmetrically placed gothic arched windows. The sad thing is that what used to be a huge stained glass window over the door is now closed up and cemented over. Perhaps it broke and the church had no money to replace it.

Well, it has been a really good Sunday. I have so much to write about, but I have been asked to dinner and I've got to run and get ready and go. So... I will have to do some catch-up blogs later. Have a wonderful Sunday evening!

No comments: