Thursday, March 5, 2009

Middle of the Night Musings

I'm awake in the middle of the night. I blame the diet coke I had in Brooklyn around 10:30 p.m. just a few hours ago. I was down there to see a friend's band play at a little dive on Bedford Street. Last Sunday after church we had started talking and he told me he was in a band, but when I asked him what kind of music they played, he couldn't really define it. That amused me, so I figured I should go have a listen. It was all right. They probably would sound better in a better venue, with better equipment and more practice, but then again, I only heard one and a half songs, because my friend made me late! It's not really Megan's fault--she had a lot of things she needed to do after work, and I tagged along with her. By the time we made it over to The Charleston, Taylor's band had warmed up, played their set, and was winding down. But that's okay, because I really just wanted to hear a sample and say hi to Taylor, and that was accomplished. The band after his was horrible, and the one after that was a no show, so Megan and I sat at the bar drinking diet coke and eating free pizza. Said hello to Taylor and met his band-mates, and felt almost like a young music-groupie again.

There are a few more things I want to write about regarding this evening's adventure, but I guess I should try and get some sleep because I do have to work tomorrow/today. So stay tuned for future posts about: why I think Brooklyn is creepy, being asked by everyone I come into contact with about my religion, and... I can't think what else, but I know there is more to this story. I'm just half-awake right now and so am not thinking correctly.

No comments: