Friday, March 13, 2009

The Case of the Missing Rolex

It has been such a crazy week! I promise I'm not going to keep complaining about how busy my job is keeping me lately, but today was the worst. Fridays are always busy in retail for some reason, and since I am already behind--trying to learn a new job--and doing my old job too, today was really trying. I don't know which was the worst part: getting a phone-call at 4:45 that a certain watch had to have its strap changed and be shipped overnight to a customer, or having to stay an extra 45 minutes after closing time to search for an expensive Rolex that had been misplaced (not by me, thank goodness!). I was able to complete the shipment (running down the street at a minute to 5 with a Fed-ex package under my arm) in just the nick of time, and I accomplished most of the tasks I had before me (and some more that I didn't even know I would be doing!), and I didn't mess anything up, so I consider the day a success. And working like a maniac all day isn't so bad. As long as I keep my smile, and keep in mind that I'm not performing brain surgery, being busy can be enjoyable. It's like a constant puzzle that I have to keep solving. On the downside, I have no time to daydream, check my email, or drink water. I guess I'd better get a water bottle and keep it at my desk. Hopefully I can keep up the pace, at least until Dali gets back from vacation and can take some of the Inventory jobs from me.

As for the missing Rolex, we finally found it after ransacking the whole store. It had been returned by a client last weekend, but the person who took it in didn't process it properly and it had been set aside and forgotten about. Tucked away in a nondescript black velvet pouch, no one knew what had happened to it. Luckily it was found, and we all breathed a sigh of relief. I'm just happy it had nothing to do with me! My boss-lady can give a mean lecture, and I never want to be on the wrong side of that. Hopefully I won't ever have to! Yay, it's Friday!!!!

No comments: