Thursday, February 19, 2009

Grayness

Dali decided that the reason all of us that work downstairs are having trouble sleeping is because we are suffering from lack of sunshine. Apparently there is an actual disorder, and some people get sunlight lamps for the winter to keep their spirits up and regulate their body clock. I laughed it off, but there may be something to it. Thinking about it, I realize that on most days, I see a little sun in the morning on my way to work, and then a little more on my lunch break (if its a sunny day, but lately it has been cloudy and gray) and that's it, because by the time I get out of work, it's dark. So my body clock is probably in need of a tune-up. Add to that my natural proclivity to avoid going to bed at a decent hour, cold weather that makes me feel like hibernating, and a tendency to always wear black and gray so that I blend in perfectly with the monotone gray of the cityscape, and you've got one sleepy girl. Oh well. I think spring is just around the corner. The wind whipping around the Manhattan skyscrapers is still cold, but it's no longer biting. Pretty soon there will be crocuses popping up in the park, colors everywhere, and I'll be spending my lunch breaks soaking up the rays instead of soaking wet from the rain.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Sunlight also relieves the symptoms of depression. Sorry, both the kids and I ahve been ill, I have some blog reading to catch up on!