Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day

As you enjoy your day off from work, do you realize you have New York to thank? Yes, Labor Day began here, like so many other great things. In 1882 New York's Central Labor Union of decided that because everyone was working so hard, they all deserved a holiday. Aren't you glad?

On Friday, as I left work I tried to savor that golden moment when my weekend was full of promise, when three completely free days stretched unknown before me. Long weekends always end up going by too quickly! This one was no exception. It seemed like I barely blinked and it was Sunday evening. I don't even remember Saturday... Now it's Monday night and I have to go back to work tomorrow. I've been working on my paper all day, which is a good thing, but I feel like there is still so much to do. (Don't worry, Dad--I'll get it done!!!) Now my sister comes and tells me that we could have gone to Ocean City, New Jersey and visited a saltwater taffy factory! Um, could I have another day off, please?

No comments: