Monday, March 10, 2008

You may wonder why I am blogging so early in the morning. Well, I'm up bright and early after a long night practically of practically giving birth to my latest term paper. After much labor, the piece seeemed to suddenly and amazingly materialize in my hands, as if on its own. I still can't quite believe its finished, and I'm not completely sold on its merit, but it's done thank goodness, and I can now move on with my life.

Hurray for Daylight Savings! I don't know why we can't just stay on this time schedule all year round. I love being able to go running after work and have it still be light outside. On the bus to church yesterday my roommates and I ran into a friend. When we sat down next to him, he struck up the conversation with, "Dontcha love Daylight Savings?" and I burst out with an effusive Yes! He glared at me and said, "I was being facetious." Apparently some people resent losing an hour of sleep. To me, its a small price to pay for evening daylight. However, I have one suggestion that might work as a compromise: we should set the clocks forward at 4 pm on Friday, so as to simultaneously gain an hour of evening sunlight, and lose an hour of the workday!

Okay, enough. I'm off to class to turn in my paper.

No comments: