Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sleeping Sickness

For about a week I've had some kind of horrible cold or flu or something. I don't know what it is, but its the strangest sickness I've ever had. I have all the regular symptoms like sore throat, sneezing, coughing, etc. But I also have really wierd symptoms like constant hunger, constant sleepiness, and strange cravings.

Last night I slept for 12 hours. Then I woke up for about 2 hours, called out sick from work, then took a three hour nap. Then I woke up for another few hours, tried to work on my paper, and fell back asleep for a few more hours. I'm awake now--I think--but I feel like I could fall back into a deep sleep at any moment. And I'm not even taking medicine! Maybe I need to...

Every time I wake up I have to eat and eat or else my stomach feels like its going to eat me. It's so strange. I swear I'm not pregnant! Yet I am having some strange cravings. For instance, the other day nothing would satisfy me except pretzels. For the past two days I've been craving plain donuts. Luckily I'm too exhausted to walk to Dunkin Donuts, or else I think I would be really fat.

I hope I recover from this strange illness soon. I would like to go back to work eventually, and get my paper done. Meanwhile... I guess I'll enjoy the dreams.

No comments: