Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Work Week

I feel like I've been absent from my blog, but it's just been a busy week. Plus I have a cold, so when I come home from work I just want to change into flannels, get into bed with a book and go to sleep...

So I've been working at a jewelry store, and it really worked out well for me to start working full-time right when my school break started, and be able to continue through the holidays up until when school starts again. My classes, such as they are, resume Monday. So I'm going to finish out working this week and then ask if they want me to work Saturdays during the school term. While I need the money, I'm not crazy about the idea of giving up my Saturdays again. We'll see how it works out.

Also, there are good things and bad things about this jewelry store, and I haven't decided yet if the good things are worth the bad ones! One bad thing is that some of the people who work there have worked there so long that they are set in their ways, cynical, and unfriendly to newcomers (some are unfriendly to everyone!). Also, the place is really really really unorganized. But the good thing is the money, and the experience, and some of the people are really nice.

After a particularly hectic day at work yesterday, me and another girl (who is also new there and really nice) de-stressed by shopping the sale at Express. Rather, she shopped and I helped her pick stuff out because I promise I'm not spending any money! Then we went to her house in Brooklyn and ate food and watched the New Hampshire Primary results on C-Span. Fun fun! It was nice to hang out with someone different, talk about work and other stuff, and just escape from my routine for once. Also, it's interesting to see what other people's homes look like around here. She lives in her brother's bachelor pad, which is in a gritty warehouse-looking building, but is actually a pretty cool place on the inside, with nice minimalist-modern furniture and original art. The guy owns a night-club, which must be a pretty hip place, if it's anything like his apartment.

Anyway, not much else is going on with me besides working and trying to get over this nasty cold! Hopefully it will go away soon. Sorry for the boring post. I promise I'll think of more interesting things to talk about next time.

No comments: