Saturday, December 8, 2007

Which is Better: Kitten or Boyfriend?

All I want to do is go to sleep, actually, but I'm supposed to be working on my lesson for tomorrow. So naturally, I'm procrastinating instead. I'm tired out because last night and today I've been hauling stuff around, helping a friend (and her new roommates) move. In New York, that means going up and down lots of flights of stairs, and since they are girls, it means moving a lot of stuff!

The idea of moving into a new place has got my sister and I thinking about what our place needs. If we did have any money to buy anything, or make any sort of improvements, we can think of quite a few. But I decided not to list them, because if I did, you might get the impression that we live in squalor, without even the basics.

So, what else should I blog about... My sister says to blog about kittens. I think she really wants a cat. I would too, if I weren't horribly allergic. Cats are sweet, and kittens are so adorable. I have a friend who was allergic to his cat for a few weeks and then became immune, so maybe that would happen to me. However, I still firmly believe that cats should live outdoors. They are meant to, in order to roam freely and hunt. And who wants cat hair all over everything?

My sister's second suggestion for my blog topic is boys. She wants a boyfriend more than she wants a cat, I think. But its not like you can just go to the pound and adopt a boyfriend. She hopes that whoever drew her name from the Secret Santa hat at church is a cute boy. And when he learns about her, he will fall in love with her and when he reveals himself at the church Christmas party, it will be in the form of asking her out on a romantic date. In fact, I think it would be kind of a cute idea for someone to make a movie about people that fall in love because of a Secret Santa matchup.

E. says there's nothing else of interest to write about besides kittens and boys (except perhaps chocolate), and since I'm just rambling now, in my state of exhaustion, I guess I should just crawl into bed, even though its only 8:45. So much for Saturday night!

1 comment:

B. Allred said...

I would only have a cat if I could have a house-cat-sized lion or tiger. I would rather have a dog than a cat - but if I had a dog, it would have to be a wolf... or at least a husky which looks like a wolf. Did E's secret santa reveal him/herself? I think that would make a great romance novel, with Fabio on the cover... maybe it would be called "I Can't Believe He's My Secret Santa"