Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Tidbits

Another thing I love about New York City is that no matter what kind of day you have, or wherever you go, you can always suddenly stumble upon something that cheers and brightens your mood.

I was totally late to class today (and not just because of the slow-poke trains and heavy traffic), which isn't the end of the world, but it started my day off on an awkward, stressful note. For the rest of the day at school it was hard to concentrate and relax. I just wanted to start the day over and re-do it all.

But after school as I walked to the bus stop, I came upon a lemonade stand. Right there in the middle of mid-town Manhattan, two little girls were selling cookies and lemonade! A mother stood off to the side, keeping track of the money, but she was letting the girls do it all, and they were good! They were so cute I just had to buy a cookie. Chocolate chips have never tasted so sweet. Suddenly, a weight was lifted off my shoulders, I was transported back to my own childhood lemonade stand, and I went home with a smile.

No comments: