Friday, September 21, 2007

Late Arrival

Wow, I'm a blogger! Somehow I thought this would never happen (hey, at least its not a MySpace page!), but since I've moved to New York, I think I must have modernized. I'm thinking differently about things, that's for sure. For any of you contemplating a life change, I highly recommend it. Just make sure you pack better than I did. I swear I left home half the things I meant to bring (including you, Matt!)

Too bad I didn't start blogging the day I got here, because already I've seen and done too many things to recount. I guess the highlights have been starting school, which has turned out to be even more of a dream come true than I thought possible. The other big thing is living in this really strange old house. I'm starting to wonder if it might be haunted, because yesterday I was all alone and suddenly heard the unmistakeable sound of a woman crying uncontrollably. I looked out the windows and went outside and couldn't find anything... So chalk it up to New York, or a haunted old brownstone. Either way, this city has charmed me, despite its dark corners.

As much as I love school, I'm happy not to have classes today. It's a gorgeous September day and I want to go outside and play! My big exciting plans are to go check out the local library branch, and then go visit the oldest house in Manhattan, the Morris-Jumel Mansion, because I've got 18th century interiors on the brain. Call me a nerd--I'm too much in love to care. After those big activities, I'm going up on the roof to drink mocktails and paint the town--literally. You know you're jealous. Well, I wish you were here.

No comments: